Learn How to Fix Water Management Problems OK and AR
Do you have water in the basement of your Muskogee, Oklahoma home? If so, it could be due to poor waterproofing in the interior and exterior of your home. The drainage system around your home is supposed to protect you from a basement water problem, but drainage components that are failing to do their job might only be making the problem worse. That is why it is important to invest in quality basement drainage from Foundation Repair Services at the first sign of an issue.
There are a lot of different ways that the drainage around your home could malfunction and cause water to enter the basement. Some of the various ways that poor water management can cause issues in your home include:
- Sloped or Broken Gutters: The gutters may not be properly sloped to drain water. They could also be clogged, broken, or contain holes. If this is the case, they may not be able to collect rain water and will end up allowing the water to pool near the house.
- Short Downspouts: If the downspouts attached to your gutters are too short, they will dump the water out right next to the foundation, which may allow it to enter the basement.
- Improperly Graded Slope: Another important area of surface drainage is the slope of the land around the foundation. if this is not properly graded, the water will form puddles near the concrete and may seep into the basement.
- Lack of Drainage: A lack of the proper exterior or interior drainage systems may let groundwater get into the home through cracks or by seeping into the concrete.
- Old or Worn Out Sump Pump: If your sump pump is too old or slow to keep up with the water coming into your home, you may consider investing in a backup sump pump to prevent basement flooding.
Contact Foundation Repair Service for waterproofing solutions to correct these causes of basement water in your Muskogee, OK home.
Water Management Solutions in Muskogee, Oklahoma
To fix these water management issues in your home, you can rely on the professional team at Foundation Repair Services. We will happily install a surface drainage system that can effectively keep water from getting into the basement of your home. We will make sure that the gutters are sloped and intact to carry water to the downspouts. We will also check on your downspouts and grading to prevent water from pooling in the yard. There are several other surface drainage components that can be installed to keep your home water-free, such as drywells, channel drains, and catch basins.
For exterior drainage, we offer waterproofing membranes along with drainage boards and pipes to keep groundwater away from your foundation. These pieces of the system work with the interior drainage system and sump pump to ensure basement moisture issues do not occur.
Interior drainage can be implemented with a sump pump, water channels, and floor drains. This helps to collect water in your home and pump it out of the basement, keeping issues such as mold and mildew, damp walls, and high humidity from occurring. These are all some of the basement waterproofing methods that we use to fix the poor waterproofing problems in your Muskogee, OK home. Contact Foundation Repair Services today to learn more about our solutions and how they can help you.