Oklahoma Waterproofing for Storm Damage
Heavy storms can wreck havoc on your home in Oklahoma. When heavy rains start pounding your home, there is a chance that water might start to enter your basement. Storms can also cause foundation problems that will cause basement water issues in the future. The heavy winds and driving rains of severe spring or summer storms can overload sewer and drainage systems, leading to basement seepage in your home. We provide basement Oklahoma waterproofing services as well as foundation repair solutions to take care of your wet basement.
Heavy rains and storms near your home can lead to a flooded or wet basement. But the damage that is caused by the storms can also lead to some long-term issues. If you notice signs of moisture in your basement after spring storms and heavy rains, seek professional assistance as soon as possible. Some common signs you are dealing with a basement moisture issue due to storm damage include:
- Flooded Basement
- Musty Odors or Mold in Basement
- Water Pooling in Yard
- Backup from Sewer or Drains
- Damp or Wet Walls and Floors
These are all symptoms of basement moisture after a harsh storm. If these problems occur frequently after storms or rains, you may have a problem with your exterior grading or waterproofing system.
Waterproofing Oklahoma Solutions for Storm Damage Basement Water
The first thing to do is to check find out if there is any water in places that you cannot see. Water stains on drywall and basement floors may indicate the the wooden studs underneath are damaged or weakened from water or that the insulation is wet. These should be replaced to avoid mold growth and structural instability. Check the basement for other signs of moisture such as condensation on pipes, wood rot, or metal rust. Dehumidifiers can be used to dry out the area and keep high humidity at bay.
Once you have cleaned up the aftermath of the storm damage, you can focus on waterproofing your home so that no further damage occurs. Some of the waterproofing solutions that we offer include:
- Surface Drainage: This includes the gutters, downspouts, and grading around your home. Improving these areas will ensure that rainwater does not collect around the foundation and seep into the basement.
- Exterior Waterproofing: The exterior drainage system helps to keep excess groundwater out of your basement, perfect for preventing seepage after heavy rains. Parts of this system include drainage pipes and a waterproof membrane.
- Interior Waterproofing: The interior drainage system is used to collect water in the basement and around the foundation. Once collected, the water can then be removed from the area to prevent moisture issues.
- Sump Pumps: Sump pumps assist the exterior and interior drainage systems by pumping water near your foundation and in your basement away from your home’s foundation.
We also offer crawlspace encapsulation to prevent moisture from entering that area of your home. Contact us today to learn how our Oklahoma waterproofing services can help you recover after storm damage.