Waterproofing Problems in Oklahoma
If you live in Oklahoma, you are probably aware of some of the common water problems that can occur in your home or business. You may also wonder if you are the only one with the problems or is this a common problem. Foundation Repair Services can help answer your questions. We have seen and solved many waterproofing problems throughout the years. Some of the more common problems are:
- Foundation wall leaks – Many of the newer homes are built on a poured concrete foundation. However, if you have an older home, it was probably built using concrete blocks. Over time, the mortar holding these concrete blocks will wear away, creating wall cracks cause water to seep into your home.
- Seepage from the floor – This is a common problem and usually happens after heavy rain. The heavy rains cause the water table to become higher beneath the foundation and leads to the water to enter through any cracks that there may be in the floor or joints.
- Sump pump problems – If you have a sump pump and it fails, this will cause water problems. It is always a good idea to have a professional come and regularly inspect your sump pump before it fails.
- Overflowing window wells – An overflowing window well will cause water to come through any crack or opening it finds into your home.
- Grading problems – If the grading isn’t sloped away from your home, the water will pool next to the foundation and enter through cracks and joints.
At times, a water problem is not so obvious. Some of the things to be aware of are that may indicate a water problem are:
- Musty odors
- Condensation on pipes
- Sagging floors
- High humidity
- Sagging floors
Foundation Repair Services has dealt with many water problems and we can come and inspect your home and offer you the best solution.
Waterproofing Solutions in Oklahoma
Foundation Repair Services offers interior and exterior waterproofing solutions.
Interior waterproofing includes the installation of a perforated drain pipe inside the perimeter of the footing. By placing the drain pipe beneath the slab, it drains the area to a lower level. The drain pipe is then connected to a sump pump system.
Exterior waterproofing is true waterproofing. It stops the water from collecting around the foundation. Exterior waterproofing consists of:
- Waterproofing membrane
- Dimple drainage board
- 4″ perforated drain pipe
- Sump Basin
- Combination primary/back-up sump pump
- Sump pump discharge freeze guard
All of the products that we use for basement waterproofing are manufactured by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the best waterproofing products manufactured in the industry. Getting your water problems fixed before they become an even bigger issue is important. Let the professionals at Foundation Repair Services give you a free inspection and offer you the best waterproofing solution for your needs. We have the experience and use the best products on the market today. Give yourself peace of mind by getting your home or business waterproofed. Your investment will be protected and you won’t have to worry about water entering your home and causing you to lose personal possessions, lose living space, or have mold or mildew problems in your home. Contact us today for a free inspection!