Foundation Movement in Oklahoma
When your foundation moves, it can cause foundation settlement and failure. The foundation of your home is the most important part of the home. The entire structure sits on the foundation. When the foundation has settled, the entire structure will have damage. Some of the damage and signs that you have foundation settlement are:
- Sloping floors
- Floor cracks
- Wall cracks
- Ceiling cracks
- Bowing walls
- Leaning chimney
- Porch problems
- Garage foundation problems
- Sticking doors and windows
It is important to look around and see if you see any of these signs in your home. Some of the causes of foundation movement in your Oklahoma home are:
- Expansive clay soil – this type of soil will heave when wet and shrink when dry. This causes the foundation to move and shift.
- Improperly compacted soil – if the soil is not properly compacted, the weight of the foundation will cause the soil to shift, which will cause the foundation to shift
- Poor construction – some foundations are not adequately constructed to hold the weight of the structure
- Seasonal weather patterns – the changing moisture content throughout the different weather patterns will affect the soil beneath the foundation.
- Tree roots – if tree roots get underneath the foundation, they will cause the foundation to be damaged.
- Poor site drainage – surface and subsurface moisture should be diverted away from the foundation
If you have foundation settlement, it is important to have a professional come and inspect your home. The experts at Pierman Foundation Repair Services has the experience and products to get your foundation back to its original level and structurally sound again.
Foundation Repair Solutions in Oklahoma
Pierman Foundation Repair Services uses underpinning products such as steel piers and helical piers to level and stabilize your foundation. These underpinning piers are driven deep into the ground through the unstable soil layers until they reach a solid soil layer. Once they reach the solid soil layer, each pier is individually load tested. After load testing, the entire weight of the structure is lifted onto the piers. This will level and stabilize your foundation for many years to come.
We also use helical tieback anchors to pull bowing or leaning wall back to their original level. Helical tieback anchors consist of a long rod with a corkscrew end that attaches to a wall plate that is installed inside of the foundation wall. Helical anchors are installed from the inside the basement wall through a small hole. With exterior excavation, the wall can be immediately pulled back to its original level.
All of the products we use are the best in the industry. they are manufactured by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the leader in foundation repair products. With the experience of our team at Pierman Foundation Repair Services and with the best products, you can be assured that your foundation settlement repair will be done with no future problems.
Don’t let foundation movement cause you to have major issues throughout your home. Let FRS take care of your foundation before it becomes too major to take care of. We take pride in the outstanding reputation we have established and we intend to keep it that way. We will be with you from start to finish and will be there after the repair is done to answer any of your questions. Don’t hesitate, contact Pierman Foundation Repair Services today!